Tuesday, November 25, 2008

....when you can't beat them...JOIN them:)

Well mother nature has turned everything white here and blessed us with another taste of winter. I guess it is time to face the truths...winter is definitely on it's way. And instead of fighting with it, Hadley and I tried to embrace it. As soon as she saw the gigantic snowflakes(no word of a lie..I have never sen them so big)falling outside, she was begging to go out. So off we bundled up and faced the elements. With the snow being so wet and heavy, it was perfect snowman snow. So here is our first snowman off the season.


It was actually quite tolerable out there except for becoming totally soaked from the wet snow. Once our man was done we headed straight inside for a nice cup of cocoa and marshmallows. I am sure once Ab comes home and see's what we made she will be wanting to be outside and building another.

I had John bring up the christmas tree last night and I put it together this morning. I totally forgot how huge the tree was. And now that it is in the living room I am just seeing how big it really is. I am trying to figure out how to place my furniture to make room for it. I have to have the tree sit in front of the front window so that one..it is in the cathedral part of the ceiling(since it is a 7 1/2 foot tree and we have 8' ceilings elsewhere) and two..it will just look beautiful in the large front window. I think come christmas morning with all the presents under the tree, we will have no room for anyone in the room..lol. I am still trying to move all the needles to make it nice and full, but I had to take a break because my arms are all scratched up(I really thought with an artifical tree I would no longer have that problem..but suprise...it is the same as a real tree)I am hoping to start getting some f the decorations on it, but we will see how that ges with Hadley around:) I will post pics as soon as it is done.

2 comments:

Kataroo said...

I love your snowman!!!! I can't wait to make one with Kayleigh :)

Anonymous said...

Nice Snowman, Had looks like she enjoyed making it.