Wednesday, November 12, 2008

....dancing fairies

So my challenge for week 4 was to create a gift. I racked my brain forever on this one, and then it just came clear as day on Monday night to me. I was going to do a series of art pieces that can be hung in Hadley's room. I went with the fairies since she has that and flowers in her room already. I painted them on vintage book pages by using water colours and acrylic paint...then did oen work. I cut out the wings from a hambly transparency. I used rub-ons, transparecies, bling, ghost shapes, twinkling h2o's to embellish. It was all put in a shadow box frame to help with the dimension of the pieces. I am really happy how they turned out. My brain is now spinning with other ideas in doing more of these.




















It has been a hectic time here in the house. We are trying to potty train Hadley. She is doing ok...but has had a few accidents. She is no longer afraid to go on the big toilet...as long as mom helps her up and such. It is so funny though...once she gets on, I must leave her so she can pee:) Hoping by the end of the week she will have a good grasp on this. Well I had lots I wanted to talk about, but now have no clue what it is...lol...I am soo tired. I am off to check the competition in the challenge gallery and then off to bed!

7 comments:

Mellisa said...

Oooohhhmigod! I absolutely LOVE these. Did you draw those fairies, talented girl? They are awesome!!!!

Elizabeth R. said...

Wow! These are fantastic! Such a great idea! I want to remember this. I adore those fairies!

Unknown said...

Those are seriously AMAZING! I'm totally doing this too! Love it!!!

Kataroo said...

I am in sooo HEAd over HEELS for these :)

Rachel said...

EEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKK!

Seriously... EEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKK

R
XOOX

Unknown said...

oh so cute!!

Stay Funny said...

they are amazing!!!!
you are so talented Tanya... it's crazy and they are perfect for Hadley's room!