Saturday, October 25, 2008

...no more baby in this house!

So I need to start of this post with stating how Hadley is becoming such a big girl! This morning she woke up and walked into our room naked as a jay bird stating she was getting dressed. So off she runs into her room and a few minutes later she was all dressed (shirt, pants and pull up). Now if only she would not be so damned stubborn and actually use the potty. She is so like Abigail when it comes to that. She just could not care that she has a wet bum. I think since we have been in the new house, she has used her potty a few times. The move has really set her back as to how she was using it daily at my parents place. Oh well...at least I have gotten her out of dieapers. Wwe used the last ones and just never bought any more...pull-ups it had to be:) Mind you yesterday she found a few diapers and she thought she was in heaven..LOL. Her speech is really improving now also. She tries and gets most of her thoughts out into somewhat full sentences. I am sure it helps being around all the other kids.

So talking about growing up, Ab had highlights and lowlights put in. So now she has blond and a copper orange/red framing her face. I swear she looks all grown now. I will try and snag a photo of her this morning to show. She also had a few inches(well needed) cut from her hair. Her hair was reaching her butt...I cannot believe how long it got. I too got my hair cut once again. It seemed to grow so long in the past month..it is once again in a nice short bob...so much easier to dry out straight.

So the standings came out for the contest over at Just Cre8 for the first week. I am in the top 12..I wish I was a bit higher..but hey..beggars cannot be choosy. It is really is a who know's type of competition...I mean it really all depends on the judges styles right. Week 2 challenge has been posted, and oh my...it is a thinker. For it you have to use a reubus story within your layout(as a title or within it somehow). What is a reubus story some may ask. It is when you use pictures in leiu of words within a sentence..ie a picture of an eye, a heart embellishment and then a photo of someone...meaning I love you. They are looking for originality and creativity for this...ughhh..so you do not want to use the usual thing such as that..I really need to think about this one....I wonder how well a art journal like page would go with them....I have a feeling it would be too artsy, but that is wear my mind is going towards. We will see.

I really did not announce it on here, but I will be an aunt once again. My sister is due in the spring. She had her ultrasound a few weeks ago and found out it will be a boy..of course it has to be one...since I bought more baby girl clothes than boy ones for her..lol...but in my defence there just seems to be more baby girl stuff out there. So I will just have to hold onto the baby girl stuff until someone else I knows has a little one. This will be my first nephew that I will be an aunt since birth. With all my other nephews and neice, they were already around when John and I got together...and now they are all grown up:( It will be nice to have wee baby around to cuddle(just cannot do that with young men in their 20's..lol...) who is not my own..ie you can hold the baby and then pass it back when a dirty diaper needs to be changed...LOL...I feel I have paid my duty in diapers with my children...teeheeehee..

Okay so I blabbed enough for now. I suppose I should try and get dressed and ready to take Hadley to her gymnsatics class. Then I hope to do a bit of shopping in the afternoon.

2 comments:

Stay Funny said...

Congrats on your top 12!!!! And good luck this week!

Kataroo said...

Congrats on the contest, I'm rooting for you!! I want to see one of us YAYA's kick ASS!!!