Tuesday, October 14, 2008

ELECTION day...

...so you know what that means...GET OUT AND VOTE:) It suprises me as to how many people truly do not go out and vote. How could you not....and really, if you do not, you have no right in complaining in how things are done in this country. I believe it is such a priviledge to go out there and make such a choice...just as long as it is the right one..LOL...just kidding everyone is allowed their opinion...that is why this country is so great. So last night I went online to elections canada to see where our polling station is since we are in a new place. Of course they did not have it. I must admit I am not impressed with their site...went through this last year also. Luckily I was able to come across it by putting in another postal code that serves our town. I was astonished to see how many of the postal codes gave up no info found. It is a good thing I found it, because the polling station is in none of the buildings that John and I thought it would be. SO once John gets home we will head out and mark our X's.

So we survived thanksgiving. We only had a small gethering and huge bird, so now we are having turkey for a week:) I don't mind though..I love leftover turkey! The weather was absolutley beautiful..yesterday we had a humidex of 28....I am going to miss the warmth:(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I voted. :) And yes, you're right... it's a privilege to vote. AND it's our duty. :)
And now I'm off to watch the results roll in on CBC television.

Kataroo said...

thanks for letting us snotty noses visit yesterday, truly enjoyed it :)