Wednesday, October 29, 2008

...how is this right?

I must say that I do not ever remember another time when we had this much snow on the ground before halloween. We went to bed last night with quite the storm brewing. Lots of heavy wet snow and high winds. We awoke to a very chilly house due to the power being out since midnight. The first thing the girls had to do when they awoke...go play in the snow...since there was no t.v. to watch..lol. I am really glad I picked up some winter boots for Ab last Saturday. I thought I was being a wee bit early, but I must of known subconsciously:) So of course there was no school due to power being out throught the town. John also stayed home. He was not going to try and go on the roads. SO what do we end up doing this afternoon. Carving pumpkins. It jusat-not seem right to be doing our halloween jack-O-lanterns with the ground covered with snow. I really thought that it would have melted during the day..but it is still there..yuck. I just hope it is gone by Friday, and it is not too cold to trick or treat. SO now I am thinking that we really should invest in a generator. This is the thrid time the power has gone out(for lengthy periods) since we moved into the house. Anyways I leave you with a few shots from today, and hopefully I will have my new lo posted tonight.








0 comments: