Monday, December 22, 2008

a bit sad and perhaps peeved....(edited..now a wee bit happier)

...so remember me saying how I had a layout of the month over at scenic route. Well because of it I won a prize pack where I could choose a paper line. Well it came today.....along with the COD charge of 20 something bucks(pack was valued at 17 dollars..grrrr). Nice prize huh..I ended up paying all the taxes and brokerage fees and taxes for those brokerage fees to get it. I was truly caught off guard when the UPS guy came to the door saying I had a delivery but it will cost me. If I was really thinking I should have not excepted it and had it redelivered. Though it was scenic route sitting in my hands...so real hard to part from.I may just send off an e-mail teling them perhaps they should let the international winners know that they will have to pay all their brokerage fees to receive a prize pack.

edit: I did end up sending Layle an email telling her about the COD charges and she apologized telling me the girl who usually sends out the packs has moved away and she had to have someone else do it, and she was not familiar with the process.I do hope they work things out:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow... that wasn't cheap! It's too bad that you ended up having to pay something. When I got my prize I didn't have to pay anything for it and I don't think that Barb nor anyone that I know had to before. I can't remember if it was UPSed though. That might be the reason why... Well, it makes for a pricey gift after all... =(

Anonymous said...

Tanya, I'm glad they're going to work things out... Layle's awesome... I'm sure she'll do her best to take care of you. If nothing else, she can send you a boatload of other SR stuff to make up for the fees! lol

Seriously though, congrats again on the SR win... and oh, MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and your beautiful family. I hope you enjoy your holidays. :)

Rachel said...

EEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKK!

Glad it has al worked out though! I'd of been a lil taken back as well! LOL

Hugs
R
XOOX