Sunday, December 21, 2008

Are you all ready?

for christmas that is....I am not even close! I think I have my gifts finally bought for John(it was difficult this year,even though he says he wants nothing, I have to get him something and even that one something was hard to think of) Now I more or less just have a few gift cards to pick up and I should be done. It is snowing like crazy out today so I think I will try and get all my remaining gifts wrapped and hopefully finish up with some of the housework. The basement is once again destroyed....ughhh...Ab has a friend over(sleepover)and I swear they played with every toy possible....so they will be busy today picking up.

I am a little bummed out because my darn laptop decided to die out on me. We are hoping John just has to wipe it clean and reload everything. I am just hoping all the photos come off ok..my bad for not moving things to my external drive for safe keeping.I have over a years worth of photos not saved other then on my laptop:( And the biggest bummer is that I was working on a few christmas presents digitally and that was axed. I am still hoping to get my christmas phot card done for family. Thankfully I have photoshop on this old laptop of ours. I just need to try and get the photos on it now(pain in the butt process since I first must load onto a destop and then copy to jump drive so that I can put them on this laptop).

Christmas day is still up in the air as to what all is going on. I am hosting the dinner, but I am not to sure of the exact numbers right now. My grandfather has been in the hospital(long term wing) for some time now, so we thought we would all visit him christmas morning and then my grandmother could come to my place in the afternoon and enjoy a nice dinner with the entire family. Well she is now trying to get my grandfather out for christmas(which in my opinion is the worst thing really) which would mean some of my family would be over at her house then. I am not too sure if this will all hapen anyways because the entire family must be on board because someone must be there at all times. It takes 2 staff to care for him at all times, and my grandmother thinks she can do it on her own. If he comes out I think it will just be stressful on everyone including him. The staff said they would set up a nice area in the lounge for all the family to celebrate. Which I think would be a nice calm time, with staff around at all times to help with my grandfather. I guess we will know more as the next few days come along. I really hope it does not become stressful and chaotic..but with my famiy you never:) Well I must go and make waffles for everyone(Ab's friend requested them..she remembers them from her b-day party.

0 comments: