Thursday, January 22, 2009

a little home decor

So I was inspired with the first project posted on the project 52 blog and thought this was the perfect time to try and do my framed art piece I was wanting to do months ago. It is very whimsical and I was just not too sure if I liked it in family room above the fireplace. But as I have seen it throughout the day it is kind of growing on me:) So I started with putting my word art wall phrase onot the glass of the frame. I then use various pattern papers, chipboard, crackle paint and acrylic paints, rhinestone swirls for chimney smoke, fabric for the curtains in the windows, coffee filters dyed with alcohol inks for the tree and some buttons, brads and acrylic shape(the bird) to embellish. So without further ado....here is my work.....

3 comments:

Mellisa said...

Love it!! Turned out better than I visioned.

Kataroo said...

love love love love love love love it!!!

Rachel said...

GOOD LORD TAN! This is amazing! I want to lift this... or better yet screw it .. I'll just pay you for one.. BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

So talented my friend!
R
XOOX