Monday, January 5, 2009

...crazy day

well I did not get too much accomplished that I planned on doing today. I got a phone call from my grandmother telling me she had chest pain radiating to her jaw and arm which started last night. I told her to call 911 to get to the hospital right away. I had to explain to her that I did not want to be driving her and then god forbid something happen while en route. I told her the EMS could start protocol with her asap and start monitoring her. Then off I go grabbing Hadley and putting a sweatshirt over my p.j.'s and driving like a mad woman to get over to her place. I get there and she was worried about getting her bills paid, so I got all necessary documents in hopes of doing her banking. The EMS took vitals, asked questions and off they went to the hospital and I quickly locked up and headed home to get dressed. Thankfully my mom and dad headed out to the ER since me towing a 3 yr old along was not an ideal situation. Well thankfully it turned out just to be her angina which I am sure is being brought on with the stress of my grandfather being in the hospital and awaiting placement, and she was home in the late afternoon. This was not the only emergency of the day though. After doing some reading with Hadley I go to get up and see blood everywhere on the wood floors. I immediately run to the cat since he just strolled into the room. Quick inspection shows nothing. I ask Had if she is bleeding with her quickly responding no...so who else could it be then the dog. I run to Celia and start assessing. Sure enough she has blood all over her legs and on closer evaluation, her hind paw was completely satuated with blood. Some how she split her nail several times way down and past the quick..thus all the blood. So once again the adrenaline is pumping hard and I am off to stop the bleeding and clean up the area to get a close look. At a loss as to what I should do, I call the vet and ask if putting a dressing over her paw will surfice(since I did not want the nail to catch and tear anymore) She agreeded with the dressing and told me to watch out for infection and keep the wound dry(which means I will be trying to bag her foot everytime she goes out) SO far things are okay. She tried to tear at the tape at first, but now has seemed to let it be. Which is a good thing because if she did not leave it alone we would have had to get one of those cones for her head. So hopefully things should heal up within the next few days. Now amongst all this chaos I did sart to be creative and started to cover a bullentin board with houndstooth fabric for my studio, and also planned out what I want to do for a scrap like home decor project. Maybe by the end of this week I will get these done.

On a really great note, I am getting some goodies from Scenic route sent to me because of the mix up with the broker charges. And another Sherrilyn Kenyon book came in today for me at the library...which is perfect timing since John will be away. I cannot wait to break into it:)

I went through all my photo's from over christmas(which are very little) and most are either blurry, I must of had no flash on or the wrong setting and then all the pics from the gingerbread house just were black..not to sure what happened there. On our way home from Windsor last week we had slow traffic due to the soldiers coming into Toronto from Trenton. I must say it was quite a sight to see at every overpass, so of course my camera came out and suprisingly the photos came out not too bad. I also got some photos of the procession with the many vehicles that make the trip down the highway of heroes. I really think I would like to do some sort of tribute page. Some day perhaps.

Oh...and may I just say...oowww..my body is so feeling the aftermath of the Wii Fit. My muscles definitely got a work out. Crossing my fingers that I keep up with the training.

2 comments:

Stay Funny said...

wooo laaaaaa, happy that everything got settle up.... was reading really fast to make sure all was ok!
Can't wait to see you board and your project! Happy for you that Layle is sending you free stuff to compensate for the shipping!

Hope today will be better for you!
Hugs
Sxx

Anonymous said...

Oh man, what a day you've had! I'm so glad your grandmother is okay... or at least it wasn't as serious as you thought it might be. Poor her, to be under so much stress! :S

As for your poor dog, I hope she heals up okay. Geesh, what a mess. I'll keep my fingers crossed that she just leaves it alone and you can skip the cone.

And the SR fiasco... I'm glad you got it all sorted out, and really, more SR product... that's not such a bad deal for a true SR addict like you! ;)