Thursday, January 8, 2009

holy snow batman!!!!

O.k. So it is not one of the biggest dumps of snow that we have seen. But it is a big enough one for me, especially when it is I that is cleaning out the driveway the old fashioned way. Nice time for John to pick to go away for work. I believe there should be a rule in the house that he is not allowed to leave on work trips during the winter months:) I spent an hour and a half out there last night shoveling and discovered this morning that the driveway is yet again beckoning me. I will need to clean it out so that I can take Ab and her friend to guides this evening. John told me to leave it, but then Ab would not be going to guides and what if there was an emergency and I had to get outside. I am really not complaining too much though, because I know it is giving me a work out.

Now onto another issue..kids can be so darn cruel. Unfortunately Ab is finding that out. There were 2 sisters that moved in down the street(9 and 10) and before their house was built they would play with Ab while their parents were doing whatever at the house. Now that they moved in they played with Ab a "wee" bit, but now totally blowing her off. They are with their neighbour all the time, an older girl(12/13). When Ab has called they tend to blow her off or say they cannot play and then you see them with the neighbour. We were outside last night shovelling and of course the 3 were outside and did not acknowledge Ab at all or ask if she would like to play. Hadley kept on yelling "Hi girls" and they just looked away. Man I wanted to ring their necks...LOL...It is so hard to explain to Ab that not everyone is going to like you and want to be friends, but she is just so sociable and always seemed to never have problems playing with new kids that this is really hard on her. I think it is hard too because with moving in a neighbourhood with other kids she thought she would always have someone to do something with. As a parent you just hate to see your child hurt, but you also know that this happens in life..but still I want to protect my baby.

On a creative note..I swear I am going to go scrap very shortly. I have been browsing some of my fave galleries and they are inspiring me. I know that my room still needs organizing/cleaning, but that can wait:) I nedd to scrap, it has been way to long! Probably 2 months(ouch!!!!) So today my day will go like this: scrap, shovel, lunch, shower, putting away laundry, scrap a wee bit more, dinner and off to guides. Let's just hope once I sit at my desk I still feel the creativity:)

1 comments:

Stay Funny said...

Can't wait to see what you will create!
Enjoy and good luck with the shoveling~!