Tuesday, May 6, 2008

...little escape artist

so Hadley has figured out how to escape out the front and back door, if it is only the screen doors. This is her new trick and she loves to do it. So unless I am right beside her, I have to remember to keep the steel doors shut...thank goodness she is still to small to open those doors. Another proud mama moment is that Hadley is really starting to recognize some of her letters. Today she was pointed out certain letters found throughout the house. Another one growing is Abigail. I swear she is going to make me go broke in just keeping her dressed. She pretty much needs all new summer clothes. Last summer she was into a size small and wearing from size 6x to some size 8..with 8 being a bit big. Well those are all way to small...she is well into a 10 now...I really hope she stops her growth spurt soon.

Well the house colours are all picked out. I will try and post some photos later of the paint colours and tile and such. Now all that is left is to get all the cabinetry and counter tops chosen...which we will start the process on Sat. We also have to start looking for all our appliances...especially so we know how big of openings we will need in the kitchen. I am also really happy that I came across an article as I was packing in one of the newspapers about front load washers. More or less I found out the suck. Sure they are energy efficient and use less water...but they do break much quicker and it is a costly repair, where it is cheaper just to buy a new one..no thanks..I rather not. So yeah perhaps the top load washer is not as nice looking but hey..I rather have it last twice as long and pay less for it. I rather put that money into my fridge and stove then.

Well enough blabbing for now, I must go out with Ab to get some clothes...

4 comments:

Kataroo said...

Kayleigh has also figured out how to open the deadlock and then the door....I need to find a sol'n fast, as she hasn't yet gone outside, but I am sure that is soon. Why are they so damn smart??

Mellisa said...

The two girls are probably in cahoots with eachother, scheming and planning in two year old jargon! lol

I don't know about the locks themselves, but they do make plastic 'pop-overs' for round door knobs. You have to squeeze them to get out and kidlets don't have that kind of strength in their hands.

Mellisa said...

Here you go .... http://www.childsafetystore.com/.sc/ms/dd/ee/168/French%20Door%20Lever%20Lock%20by%20KidCo

Rachel said...

I love that the two toddlers are right on eachothers heals with regards to things they do... You guys need to do a page about a budding friendship.. love what Mell said about them planning in two year old jargon!...lol

Just what you need with everything else huh?? I will be so happy once all is said and done with this move! I really feel for ya!

Hugs
R
XOOX