Sunday, May 25, 2008

Weekend/House update......

....I know...the weekend is yet to be over, but I have a quiet peaceful moment to myself, so with my coffee I hope to update before someone awakes. Yesterday was a busy day of going back and forth from soccer games. I must say, Abigail has really improved in her soccer skills. She understands her position as forward and is doing really well(we just need to work on her power of kicking the ball...it is just so hard to do at home since Celia destroys all soccer balls) Her team this year is awesome. They won their first game 4-0 and their second of either 4 or 5 - 0. We also found out that Hadley has a real knack for soccer. She handles the ball quite well and has quite some kick. I do hope she can be registered for soccer next year. After Ab's games were done yesaterday, we headed over to the house. Almost all of the first floor walls are up. It was really nice to be able to walk through the house to see how the size and layout will really be. It does feel alot smaller, only because it is not as wide open as this house, and we may only be able to fit one of the couches into the family room, but that is fine, because I do need to give the girls something to sit on in the basement playroom since they will have a t.v. down there. My laundry room is huge, I may be able to put my freezer in it. I also figured out my countertops. The master bath will have a slate look laminate(it really does look just like slate) it is a dark grey/black slate which will go very well with the tile border I choose for around the tub. I figured I can put it in there easily since the bath will have plenty of light in the room. The for the kitchen I found a baltic granite, it has the shine of granite with some little texture to it. I will have to post a pic of it...it really is kind of hard to describe. Ab also said she wanted that in their bathroom, so I figured I would do the same so it all flows through the house. So I will also see if I can put it in the laundry room also(I choose another one, but like this one more...then it would flow from the kitchen to the laundry room). I am really excited about the new house. I cannot wait to see the second floor up. While at the house, Ab went over to a near buy neighbouring lot which was more or less a lake due to standing water, she was screaming there are fish in here. They were not fish, but probabaly thousands of tad poles. I do not think I have seen that many before. You just saw big black spots in the water where it was just them. If they live, we should have lots of frogs. We were also able to meet one of our neighbours who will have their house done by late august. They seemed really nice and they have 2 girls 2 and 4 and a lab. It seems to be alot of younger families so far. John also mentioned that someone bought the lot beside us and they are doing a custom build. We are suprised to see how many people are doing custom's. I think if we would have had the time, John would have liked to do a custom home....we are making this one more our's though with the changes we are making.

So we clebrated John's birthday last night. I was a quiet one with just us 4...and I actually made a cake that did not fall apart...mind you I did use store bought icing..lol...I did not want John to make his own...mind you he made the dinner of nachos(he likes to make them himself) I will make a nice dinner tonight:) After dinner the girls went out to play, and Ab had a game of soccer with the dog. Since she was still in her uniform, she thought it was only right for Celia to be also. SO she grabbed one of her old Jersy's and put it on Celia. I will definitely post some photos soon(along with all the house ones) once I load them all up.

Well I blabbed enough for now, I should do a bit more packing before everyone gets up and the day begins.

4 comments:

Kataroo said...

I love reading yourupdates makes me feel like I am moving into a brand spanking new home :)

Stay Funny said...

It's good to see htat all is going well with the "plans" for the house!
Happy to see that you had a great w-end! Happy b-day to John a few days late!

Have a great week
Hope to see you soon
Hugs,
S

Rachel said...

I was so happy to read that there will be a community that will be good for your girls... it's gonna be so great that they'll have other little kids to play with!!!! Sounds like everything is coming together... WE miss you and hope you are well.. I know this summer is gonna be crazy.. just wanted to say you are in my thoughts!

Hugs
Rach
XOOX

Anonymous said...

Wanted to tell you I'm enjoying the updates, I'm stuck at home doing nothing but recovering, so it's fun to read ;)