Tuesday, May 13, 2008

:( can you feel the disappointment....

....so on Saturday afternoon as we go and give a nice size cheque to the builder, we had found out some very discouraging words. Apparently if I want to put granite into the house, our closing date would have to be put back to at least a month, then making it Aug. 31. I guess it takes them (granite guys) 3-4 weeks to usually finish the process from measuring to installation. I then said..that is o.k I can live without counters for a month, but the builder will not close till everything is complete. We are taking that asd a sign and not going through with the granite. There is no way we could move in the end of August with Ab starting school and everything...that would just be way to hectic for us. So now we will have to go back to the cabinet place to pick out the laminate counters....at least some of the samples look like granite, and have a nice texture to them. So we did pick out all our cabinets with our kitchen being a dark chocolate brown oak cabinet and we will have a big pantry which is like 7 ft wide(we opted for that instead of a computer desk..i did not want the computer in our kitchen. The cabinets in the laundry room will be shaker style in antique white. Then both bathrooms upstairs will also be shaker style with the main one being a lighter wood colour called wild apple and the ensuite being a mocha wood grain. I was also fortunate to pick up ceiling fans for 3 of the bedrooms on sale for 50$ so now I just have to keep an eye out for one for the master and family room. The basement walls were poured yesterday afternoon, so they will start framing probably by the end of the week. The builder said they should have the house framed by the end of the month or so. The new owners of our house will be here next Friday. They wanted to see the septic being pumped, and they also asked if they can come in to take measurements for windows, so they can pre buy curtains I suppose. SO I am going to ask them if it is ok if I take my living room drapes, since they go well with the furniture....crossing fingers they will be ok with that.

So packing is slowly going....I hate packing kitchen stuff....I seem to only get a box or two done a day. One room I really have to tackle is the scrap room. It is horrible right now. I am really aching to scrap also...perhaps I will sneak in doing one layout before everything is packed, but first I must find my desk. I am also sitting on the fence in deciding whether I finish a home decor/frame project. Canadian scrapbooker has a call for home decor stuff, but if I did submit and they picked it up, I would hate to have to mail the frame, I could only imagine how much postage would be. In all reality, I probably will not have the time to do anyways. Well packing is calling....

1 comments:

Stay Funny said...

The joys and pains of building a new house! Big hugs to you Tanya and hope that that's the last little headache that you get with the new house.