Thursday, May 8, 2008

...we are now proud owners of a hole;)


So they began the house yesterday. The hole is dug. It seems so small when you see it IRL...it is so hard to visualize how the house will be. So now we have a great big cheque to write and then by the end of next week we will be writing another one once the foundation is completed. Then the framing will begin...apparently this will take about 3 weeks to complete for our house model. Then the house will really feel "real". So as promised in an earlier post, I said I would share a few photos of my tile and paint samples.

Choosing paint for the entire
house is tough when you only
can choose 2 colours. For the kitchen,family room(which is off the kitchen),laundry(once again off the kitchen) and main bath upstairs I choose the clay colour....yes...bold I know.
Now for the rest of the house I went with a very neutral creme tone. Eventually the girls bedroom will be painted their colour of choice...but for now the neutral is good.



























Now for the tile, once again you can only pick out 2 kinds. So the darker tile to the left will go in the front entrance, with the border seen with it going around the perimeter,powder room and I am also putting it in the master bath with the border going around the soaker tub. The lighter tile will go in the kitchen and laundry room(on a diagonal) and also in the main bathroom. Next cabinets, and then starting to find lights.
I have been packing all week..it just seems to never end. I am working on the kitchen..there is just so much stuff there. I actually went and tackled the girls toys for a break. My big task will be doing the office/scrap room...my mind spins when I go in there.
well I must go finish dinner....









































4 comments:

Mellisa said...

*tear* thats the most beautiful hole in the ground I have ever seen. (but its still too far away!! ;-) (Thats my story and I'm stickin to it. Now .. all we need is the other Ya-Ya's to buy houses in between the two of us and it will be PERFECT! lol)

Stay Funny said...

Congrats on the hole! I love the selections of paints! We're really not sure where we would buy our house Mell... so you never know, your dream may come true!

Kataroo said...

i am so loving your HOlE :)

Rachel said...

BAHAHAHA.. Tanya I LMAO when I read the title and then saw the pic... that is one pricey hole babycakes.. but it'll be a beauty once all is said and done!

Love your colour selection!

Hugs.. moving is such a bitch!
R
XOOX