Wednesday, April 30, 2008

...a lil' update

....so it has been a wee while since I have updated on here. 2 weekends ago I got sick with the nasty bug going around and put me out of commission for a while...I had no energy what so ever! I am feeling almost normal now and trying to pack things up around here. We went and got boxes last weekend and I am trying to organize everything to go in them. I can see that I will be extremely stressed once June comes around. I have to order the containers today(forgot to do it yesterday) and we should have them delivered the beginning of June so that we will have time to organize and pack at a somewhat leisurely pace. Abigail has an art show at the school today, so Hadley and I will head out there after lunch and then I will stop by the builders to make an appointment so that we can pick the house colours so he can order them. The building permits are done so he will be starting to dig the hole next week so they can pour the foundation. I am really starting to get excited...but now stressing about all the choices that will have to be made in cabinets, flooring, colours etc....it is a good stress though..well somewhat;)

Big news happened in our house last Sunday(April 27).....Hadley used the potty. In the morning Ab put underwear on Hadley instead of a diaper, so I kept on telling her that she needs to pee on the potty then. Well as I am trying to make breakfast Had comes in saying she went pee...well of course I immediately check her underwear to see that they are wet. My next reaction is ..ok Hadley...show me wear you went pee..praying it was not on the furniture. She takes my hand and leads me into the bathroom pointing to her potty. Well she used it..just did not pull down the underwear...I was so proud of her...and you could see how proud she was of herself. Of course John was being the dork..and joking...quick get your camera..take a picture...lol...and to be honest I quickly had that thought...LOL...a true scrapbooker:)

Well I should really get of this computer and get some stuff done. On a creative note I was really hoping to get a picture frame done for John, so that he can take it to work now that he is at his new office...try and cheer him up with a pic of the family, since he is not ..happy to be there one bit...he will not even talk about work one bit..he hates it there that much...I hope something else good comes up for him soon, so he is not stuck there.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

GO HADLEY!!!!!!! WAHOO.. that is such a big moment for this lil girl!!! It's awesome the Abs helped her out too... such a big mommy moment too...

I heard you were ill hun.. so glad you are on the mend... it's been a terrible year for bugs!

Hugs and miss ya!

Rach
XOOX

Kataroo said...

Go Hadley GO!!!!!!! That's awesome news. I wish I could have seen her proud little face.