Monday, April 14, 2008

I survived....

....all thanks to my girl Mell! On Saturday was Abigail's birthday party. She had a sleepover with 6 other girls. It was suppose to be only 5 others, but my darling daughter mad up her own invite and sent it out to another girl she wanted. So I get a call about 10:30 saturday morning from the mom asking about it. Well of course I said bring her over...Ab did get a talking to though. So I truly cannot believe the kids today...I really do hope Ab does not act like some of these girls when she is at other's homes. I always make sure Ab uses her manners(well most of the time:) ) but some of these girls were horrible. There is one girl in particular where Ab is no longer aloowed to be around. I cannot believe the vulgarities that came out of her mouth!! And she had no problem saying it in front of adult. She seems to be very influential on Abigail, and Ab will do whatever is dared of her. After spending an evening with this girl I have come to really appreciate Ab's behaviour...even with the lip she can give me. One must really think what the parents do. Anyways we did survive and goood ol Mell was able to get the girls to sleep around 2 am. I know that I am gushing about this, but Mell is absolutely awesome with the kids ...she definitely choose a great job to suit. So all things said, I think the next sleepover will only consist of 1 or 2 kids most:)

On Sunday John and I went a bit of shopping and picked up curtain rods for all the bedrooms, living and dining room for the new house. I also found curtains for the family room and master bedroom. I hope to get some more later this week.

I am now in pack mode. I am starting to go through all our things, and see what can be sold at a garage sale or what can be packed away. Hopefully we will go pick up some boxes soon. I much prefer to be able to box up at a leisure pace then having to do it all in a short period.

The other thing going on is baby watch for my good friend Katie. She is starting to feel some contractions(erratic) so hopefully something will happen soon...can't wait to see the new baby:)

3 comments:

Kataroo said...

So glad you surrived and that Mell was there to help, she is really good with kids, getting them to behave while still having fun.

Sounds like your having fun shopping for the new house. enjoy :)

Kataroo said...

911 - emergency.... Tanya please call Katie's house, the water broke, thanks Stephanie xx

Anonymous said...

I agree, Mell is super with kids :)

Glad the party went down ok Tanya, and your right about some of the behaviour in kids today, I'm appauled!!! I can't believe how the Kindergarten kids behave in Brayson's class, like holy *hit and they are only 5 & 6.

Now get packing girl! lol

Kare Bear