Monday, February 11, 2008

Skating on the Canal.....

with winterlude now in full swing, we were wanting to do some of the activities. Our plan was to go to the snow/ice slides over at Jacques Cartier parc, but I was still feeling pretty crummy and feverish yesterday afternon. So our plan was to have an early dinner and then go. Well they close at 6pm...grrr...so that ended being out of question. Instead we decided to head down to Dow's lake and do some skating. We got down there around 6ish with the place pretty much to ourselves. There was a reason for that though.....it was ice cold out there...the wind was so strong that it pushed you across the ice at a good speed. This was Hadley's first time trying to skate. She had Ab's old skates on(which were a tad big, but we put extra heavy socks on...and it did the job) and she suprised me immensly. She stood up and moved quite well on her own. I think if it was not as cold as it was she would have done much more. We did get video of it, but with this dial up, I will not be adding it on here anytime soon. Ab also impressed me with her skating abilities. She can boot her pretty good now. Of course she still likes to pretend to fall and slide across the ice on her knees. After a very quick skate, we headed into the building for a well deserved beavertail...Mmmmmm...that is a must to have. We are hoping to get to the slides this weekend...we would have done it on a week night, but John is working nights this week.
My plan today is to get some more painting finished, and I think we will be calling the realtor to come over to tell us all we must get done and when it would be best to put the house up. Which also means, I will will have to clean up the house since the regular housework gets neglected as we do all the other stuff.
L8r

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh I bet Miss H looked too cute with her skates on. LOL Glad you had fun, but not so glad you have lots of work too... That sucks! Give me a ring if you need any help...if I can make it out i will!

R XOOX

Kataroo said...

wow sounds like she did awesome on the skates, I can't wait to be able to do that with our turd. We did the slides this weekend and it was a blast, I think my baby belly through my center of gravity off though b/c I stopped sliding half way down the hill, it was hilarious and lucky me we got it all on tape.