Wednesday, February 13, 2008

arrrgghhhh!!!!!!!

Nothing SUCKS more then when you go to enjoy your morning coffee, and you can't! My coffee tastes horrible this morning, all because of this darn cold. Today is day 7 of me having this darn thing..I swear this is the longest cold ever. It started out with a very sore throat, moving into my lungs(it hurt to breathe at times), into fevers over the weekend and now has moved completely up into my sinuses(can you say ouch). So now nothing tastes right. My coffee is my world..I need it.....especially today since it is once again a snowday!

You know I remember having tons of snow as a kid, and do not remember having this many snowdays....snowdays pretty much sucked for me though, because I was a walker...so I had to go. Every once and again the techers would send us home though because there was only 2 or so of us in class. My how times have changed huh....that could never happen now.

So I am hoping my children do not drive me to the nuthouse today:) This week has actually been pretty good with them which has been very pleasant. There has been no fighting with Ab to do her homework at night nor are the girls really fighting me at bedtime. Last night Ab made most of the dinner(with a wee bit of help from Mom) She made a tossed salad all by her self. I cut up stuff for a tomatoe/pasta sauce, and she stirred and cooked it. She got the ravioli ready and cooked it with me just having to drain it. And best of all the girls ate it all....woohooo... she is definitely growing up. On that note, she brought home something she printed out that her and her friend made on word at school. They just said what they liked and pasted pictures into it. I saw some happy faces and I asked her how she did that....she proceeded to tell me that you use the colon and bracket and it makes it, and that she uses it all the time in webkinz world...I think she will definitely be teaching me soon on all the web lingo. As for Hadley...she loves puzzles. She is constanly bringing them to do with me. She is pretty good at putting them together also....she can so impress me at times!

So onto a scrapping note....CHA is in full swing(well almost done) and man am I getting inspired...not with all the new product I am seeing, but layouts using the new products. I having been sketching like mad in my little book. I cannot wait to be able to do some lo's! In all honestly not much stuff has caught my eye yet. I did see something from fancy pants that looked like the clear ghost embellishments but packed up in their 12x12 packaging(like their cb and felt) and there were a few things from heidi swapp that caught my eye(the new ghost shapes, and some of her papers)...I like the black, white and teal blue colour combo. I am quite disappointed with the scenic route lines...I think I like the beachy/summer one and that is it. None of the basic grey appeals to me.....oh I did like the cutting system from we r memory keepers(depending on the price point of course) I just really need a mat and stuff though...so perhaps that is why. They also had some nice big eyelets. I am pretty happy to see there are not many wants for me...especially since my spending has been pretty much frozen with the having to almost triple our mortgage when we move.

Well I must be off to check on John's snow removal process...he now has 40 minutes to be at an appointment in the west end....and on a good day with no traffic it would take that long.

l8r

2 comments:

Kataroo said...

agggh I can't imagine morning without coffee. My mom called me last week to say she saw some report on caffiene and pregnancy and that it was bad in even small amounts, like HELLO I NEED THE COFFEE, I think we and baby will surrvive the one cup a day LOL

Rachel said...

YOU HAD ME AT COFFEE... my deepest sympathies... cause I know what you mean. AAAHHH to a fellow YAYA with the adoration of he java... I knew i loved you for a reason girlie...LOL

So happy that Abs is helping ya out around the kitchen.. I have some of the best memories of being that age in the kitchen with my mom... you should scrap about it!!

Hugs
R XOOX