Friday, March 6, 2009

some new art....

A little while ago I came across this piece of art by Niro Vasali that immediately caught my eye. As soon as I saw it I knew I wanted to reproduce the look of it for the house. Instead of just painting it though, I wanted to make it more of a mixed media piece and add some different textures to it.So this is the canvas I made which now hangs in our kitchen. I painted nine different coloured squares to start. I then added some houses...one which was a textured handmade paper, a house cut out of an old encyclopedia, a chipboard covered with crackle paint and a metal g, a house cut from fabric and stitched along with a felt word with some stitching to it and the final textured house is made of a thin metal with a saying stamped into the tin with paint and alcohol inks on it. I then just painted the remaining houses onto the squares. Did some detail work with oil pastels and that is it. I am quite pleased with how it turned out. I cannot wait to work on my next little canvas..I just hope my idea translates well onto the canvas. Perhaps I will try and do it later this weekend if some time permits.

Phrase in the metal says "fill a house with love and it becomes a home".

I also finally snapped a picture of my journal entry for the letter "d"-"decide". Not too much too this entry...watercolurs, glimmer mist, masked of the letters, did a photo transfer and some oil pastels. Now I must try and work on "e-elude". I have a thought in my mind so hopefully it will come about quickly.

No new scrap pages. I really should get to scrapping some. I just have found myself content in doing little pieces of art lately. I have so many ideas I want to try, that I just do not want to stop playing with art supplies. I actually have to start preparing for my art/scrap project that I plan on doing at nav can...

Well that is all for tonight....I am about ready for bed...night.





2 comments:

Sandra Collins said...

that canvas is beautiful - just came across your blog and enjoyed it!

Mellisa said...

Thank you so much for my newest addition. So glad I stopped by ... the photo of this canvas isnt done justice by the pictures on your blog. Its gorgeous.