Wednesday, March 4, 2009

..journey of the heart

So I was commissioned to do a piece of artwork a little while ago, and I finally finished it up this morning. I was kind of given an idea as to the basis of the work and I went from there. It is done on an 8 x10 piece of masonite with the boy and girl drawn and painted with watercolours on watercolour paper and then hand cut out. The shirt and dress was made from pattern paper. I was a littel dissapointed withmy heart though. I think I put on too many layers of paint. Because I did the heart on lined paper and then stamped journey of the heart all over it and then painted over it. I was hoping the bbeswax would soak through and have those lines and words pop through. Live and learn for next time right. I then stamped the bottom with the journey of the heart phrase and beeswaxed it all to mute it all down...plus it gives off the most deliscious smell:) I then finished it off with some small mirror squares scattered around the canvas. All and all I am quite pleased how it turned out.


I have also finished my journal entry for the letter "d" I just have to snap a photo of it sometime soon.

This morning I did a bit of internet surfing to get some home decor ideas. We have now been in the house for 7 months, and I really want to start putting those finishing touches up. I think I have desided to put up travertine tiles as my kitchen backspash and now just debating if I want to add a decorative strip of glass tiles in with it. I am also mulling over what I will do above my fireplace..it is a huge mantel..probably 5 1/2 feet wide by 2 1/2 feet deep. The fireplace is all stone with the mantle being a dark chocolate oak. I htink I am going to make a great big mirror and then find some really big accessories in creams and moss green. I have come to the conclussion that I want the old brought back into my home. I have always loved antiques and have a few throughout that w have picked up or were passed through the generations. A while back I tried to do the more modern but really it just is not me. So my compromise is mixing the two..I really like that look together. So now I am going to start scouring around for some cool shabby looking things that I can embellish the new house with:) I will first start by going through all the things I have already that have not yet been unpacked and see if I can use them..I may need to change a few things up, nothing a good coat of paint will not do:) I also have a few canvas projects stirring in my head that I would like to do up. I cannot wait to see everything finally finished around here.

3 comments:

Kataroo said...

Tanya you have really come into your own as an artist,TRULY awesome!

Stay Funny said...

beautiful!!! would love to see you at work, we should organize a little ya-reunion to scrap!

Mellisa said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!