Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Day 2, and a layout.....


Well I did my second run yesterday. It was an absolutely beautiful day to go do it also. I started with a brisk warm up walk for 5 minutes, I then would jog for 1 minute and then walk for 1 1/2 minutes for a total of 20 minutes and then just did another cool down walk around the block. I ran for a total of just a little bit over 2.5 kms. This is amazing for me. I have never liked running, and pretty much sucked as it..lol...but yesterday even though it was tough at times, I thoroughly enjoyed myself and cannot wait to go out and run again. Found this cool website mapmyrun after seeing Donna Downey write about it on her blog. It is the coolest site ever. I can map out my runs and it will tell me the distance of them, I can also see other maps of people in town who have mapped theirs. It keeps track of all my workouts, calories burned, weight...etc... I am very determined to stick with this, in hopes of maybe doing a run sometime in the future. I have finally decided I am going to do myself right. Sure weight loss is great but my body needs to be stronger. So my next run will be tommorrow. I am going to sit down soon and try to make up a training schedule....I picked up a book today to help me with easing into the running and all the ins and outs of it.



Now onto the layout. I actually had this finished the other day, just did not get around to taking a picture of it. Nothing special, but it is a page done.

I started playing around with something that I wanted to do as a home decor project, but it is not working out as well as I hoped, perhaps I will gain some patience to do it today.


3 comments:

Kataroo said...

I FLIPP'n love that LO!! Its so damn cute and woodsy :)

Way to go on the run! It feels so good doesn't it :) Too bad we couldn't bottle that post work out high and drink from it all day :) Now that would be very cool.

Anonymous said...

Love the LO... and I LOVE LOVE LOVE that you are running! Woooohooo! WTG, my friend! Keep in up. You'll get to your goal. I just know it.

Mellisa said...

Great layout. Even better in your house rather than online.

Keep running. Yay you.