Sunday, March 15, 2009

Day 1 and a beautiful day .......

Today is the first day to a newer stronger and healthier me. I have taken the plunge and started on a new adventure. What adventure may that be.....the joys of jogging. Mind you I see no joy in this activity yet..lol. This is how I hope to look sometime in the future as I run my way through the neighbourhood streets.....the graceful, this isn't so hard look....


Yet today I believe I may have looked a little like this....I have come to the quick realization that this will be definite baby steps to get to doing any type of distance running. My lungs are in need of some serious training. I was able to run down one street and a bit of the bikepath before I was going to die. Thank god for my mp3 to help push me along my way. One thing I know for sure is I will definitely be investing in a good pair of shoes..so if anyone has any recommendations of some..let me know.


Today I have also decided to put in my contacts and start getting use to wearing them once again. Now that the sun is shining, I really want the ease of just putting on any ol' pair of sunglasses. I hate having to change out my glasses for my prescription sunglasses and then back again once I venture inside. I do not remember it being so odd to wear them in my younger years. Pregnancy over the years definitely changes things. I think baby steps will be involved in this process also.


After lunch I will be running to the sotre to quickly pick up some well needed items and then I will be doing a little bit of this.......................................................but my paint will be white.

John was successful enough to hang 3 of the doors in the basement yesterday, so I will be painting them today so that we can put on the hardware for them. He will also be putting up the trim around the windows and doors, but first he needs to go out and buy it. Then all will be left are the 2 doors to the office and a storage area to go up...they should be ready to pick up in a week and some...we needed to special order these. Then it will be onto flooring.

Nothing creative to show today, but I may have another layout to show by tommorrow if I get a chance to finish it off.

3 comments:

Kataroo said...

Huge thank-you.....I was jealous after reading your post this am...I imagined you out running all healthy and I was jealous, I wanted that to be me...I have had a horrible 2 weeks on eating and eating and feeling numb...so this am I went for a walk with the girls and I ran...I walked one block and ran the next and so on...and it felt so damn good...thank-you...your post this morning jump started me shaking off my funk. You are doing so well with WW, this, and your art...your an inspiration (for green LOL) no really an inspiration :)

Stay Funny said...

yeahh good job on the running! Happy about your doors too.... that way you will not have little hands playing with your supplies!!!

Marlene said...

Good for you with the running! For shoes I highly recommend a visit to The Running Room. They can help fit you in the right pair of shoes for your gait. Shoes (and socks) are the most important tool to a runner! As I was telling Katie on her blog I continue to run 10 minutes and walk 1 (I started out with running 1 minute and walking 2) - this is the Running Room way and it really works.