Monday, September 22, 2008

....round 3, busy weekend, new blog

....phew...a wee has happened since last week. I have now made into round 3 over at the bad girls site for Top Designer contest. This weeks class assignment is right up my alley. It is all about simplicity, with minimal embellishments and just the right amount of white space. I must admit I love doing these kinds of layouts.

...this past weekend I was able to join everyone at Navcan for a little scrapping. I took Marlene's place since she could not show up. I went there for Saturday afternoon. Once there I unpacked the car and then realized I ompletely forgot my laptop, which had all my photo's I was going to print out while there to scrap. I did fortunately bring a few photo's with me(one's I really were not too into scrapping) so I was able to get one lo finished. It is a wee bit x-rated..lol...it is of the ya-ya trip to sexapalooza...I will post later on. I was also able to do a few paintings(which I will get back to in a second). So Saturday night became a night of drinking and just having fun with the girls, with scrapping put on the side burner. It was a fun time and well just a wee bit tiring(not as young as I use to be;) ).

...now onto the new blog. I am slowly getting up my new blog to start selling all my handmade items for scrapbooking and home decor. That is where the paintings come into play. I saw a neat type of painting on etsy and though..oh wow...cool. It is whimical acrylic paintings on some vintage book pages. They were well liked by the ladies this weekend. I also sold 2 of my felt embellishments to the girls on the weekend. The new blog is www.alilbitofwhimsy.blogspot.com
I still have to upload things to the store and such, but hopefully by the end of the month everything will be set to go.

well must run and eat...l8r

4 comments:

Kataroo said...

Congrats on round 2, and moving to 3. Super happy you were able to make it this weekend and that you wore that RED TOP!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on making it to the next round, can't wait to see some of your creations on your new site :)

Stay Funny said...

yeah for round 2!
Was great to spend part of the w-end with you!
Have a great week!

Mellisa said...

Congrats on making it to round 3. Love the new blog.