Friday, February 20, 2009

sad news this evening.....

I just got home from shopping in the city to hear that my grandmother passed away at 7:30pm this evening. It was a little bit unexpected. She went into the hospital a few weeks ago with an unknown infection, which they finally diagnosed last week and were treating her. She started to come back from it, or so it appeared. Though 2 weeks ago I thought that this might have been the end. I do believe that she is now in a happier place along side with my grandfather. For the past few years her dementia was overcoming her, and she just was not who I remembered her as. So we will be heading down to Toronto on Monday to be there for the wake in the late afternoon and her funeral will be on Tuesday. Here is one of the last pictures that I have of my grandmother. This is when they met Hadley for the first time. This was actually the one and only time my grandfather saw her because he died just a little over a month after this visit.


5 comments:

Mellisa said...

HUGS to you, my friend. I am sad to read this. Call if you need anything. xxooxx

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear the news Tanya, Hugs from me too :)

Diva Loca said...

Hey Tanya
So sorry to hear of your loss.

Take care.

Laurie

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your loss Tanya. My condoleances to you and your family.

Stay Funny said...

Sorry about your sad news Tanya, hope all went well. hugs Sxx