Thursday, February 12, 2009

"rainy days"

It is both a rainy day outside today and in the art piece I have to showcase. As I let the dog out to do her buisness I stepped out onto the deck and what do I smell....spring. With all this rain outside it has brought on the earthy smell of spring. It was such an awesome smell to overwhelm my senses. I do realize though that it is just a little tease that mother nature has to offer. For by tommorrow this smell will yet be frozen over with all the rain that is falling today. As long as it is not to cold I will be alright with that. On a good point the girls ice rink next door will have a nice new surface to skate apon. And of course winterlude should be perfect. I was hoping to maybe attend it at some point this weekend, mind you that all depends if Ab gets her project finished in a timely manner.

Now onto the art portion of this post. This is a small mixed media canvas I was working on eraly this week. I am debating whether or not I want to apply beeswax to it. I think if I find the time I will. The best part of the beeswax is the smell that comes with it. The art piece then not only becomes pleasing to ones sight, but also ones smell. You just wan to eat it up, it smells so delish;) I have a few neccessary chores I need to get done today, and then I hope to do a little bit of scrapping. Unfortunately for me to be able to scrap, I will have to tidy up my studio..blech...I hate having to clean up there..especially when all I want to do is create:)

4 comments:

Stay Funny said...

Beautiuful! What did you put for the rain drops? stickles or dew drops...? not sure?
Hope you will be able to create over the next few days!

On my way... said...

Gosh you're talented, I love all these works of art you creat :)

xx

Kataroo said...

Tanya this is so whimsical, so spring, so make me want to dance in puddles!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that canvas is just wonderful, Tanya! I love it. Your artistic ability never ceases to amaze me!