Tuesday, July 1, 2008

..finally a post

...I did not realize how long my last post has been. I have finally really just gotten a chance to get online since a few weeks now that we are away on vacation. So we finally finished moving out of our old house. We started the friday night(june 21) and we were at the house everday till well after 9pm on the following Thursday(June 26) We went and signed all the papers and gave a key on the Wed night...btw...lawyers are idiots, I have yet to find one that is not. They just assume you know the entire process. I had to ask him where our money would go after the existing mortgage, realtor fees and of course his fees would go. He says it could go into our bank account..and that is when I ask, welll don't you need our account number...DUH...I swear if I did not ask about it, he would still be sitting on a cheque for us. We are really hoping that we do not have to deal with a lawyer when we take possesion over the new house...we would really just to prefer to do that ourselves.


So for the new house....they should be actually painting there. When we left the drywall was done and they put in the stairs. I also believe they should be starting the stonework and such outside this week. By the time we get home from vacation they should have the floors in...which btw I will no longer have that tile I posted earlier on. Because I wanted to do the tiles on a diaganol in the kitchen, the rougher ones would not look as good because they are harder to get a straighter grout line and such so I ended up picking a brown marble like tile to go in the kitchen, front entrance/powder room and master bath. Then for the main bath upstairs I have a lighter creme marble like tile. I just hope the darker brown is not too dark with the brown cabinets and darker counter tops. It did look good together when we put the samples together. I just think now I may have to repaint the kitchen later on since I said to put the clay colour in through it from the family room. I think I will have to change it to more of a creme colour later....we will see. Who knows...maybe even all our cabinetry will be in also when we get back.


So for now we are down in Cottam for about a week and a half or so...trying to relax some. Today we are going to try and go to the beach at point peelee since it is actually sunny out today.


I also wanted to send out big hugs to my girl Rach...she had Sx a little over a week ago and I do hope she is healling really well by now and getting up and around with no problems...I am sure she will have lots of scrap pages to show off with all her down time she has had:)


oh...here is a pic of the house.....unfortunately I do not have any recent pics of it...with being so busy we never took the camera to the house..

5 comments:

Mellisa said...

also wanted to send out big hugs to my girl Rach...
she had Sx a little over a week ago

You know .... for those of us outside of the medical field, it simply looks like you forgot the E and that she had sex over a week ago. If she is still recovering, DAMN! Thats some good nookie!!! lol

Happy you have some downtime and can finally relax and enjoy. Still sad that you are moved though. *sigh* now I think ALL the Ya-Ya's need to move out here to cheer me up. :)

Kataroo said...

Sx laughing so damn hard!!!!

Enjoy your vacation :)

Stay Funny said...

Happy to see all is going good with you Tanya, family and home under construction!
It's looks great can't wait to see new pictures of it soon!
Big hugs
S xx

Anonymous said...

Hey Tanya, nice to see a post from you. I started stalking your blog not long ago, and I was starting to take it personally that you hadn't updated it! lol

Your new place looks like it's going to be gorgeous. I can already imagine. I hope it all goes smoothly and you're in there VERY soon. Good luck with everything... and I do hope you're managing to enjoy the summer.

Rachel said...

LMAO.. Mell's comment almost made me spit out my eggroll! LOL

Thanks for the well wishes and I am doing great!

I can't get over how much has been done on your house! I am also glad that you now do not have to worry about packing it up and have some down time! I think you needed it...lol

Hugs
R
XOOX