Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Back from vacation...

.....so I am back from vacation, and have a few pics to share of the house update. We were able to get in and see it on Saturday afternoon. They have most of the stonework complete outside...and I really love how it turned out. I think the house will look really sharp once the tan siding and the nutmeg trim work goes up.
Here is a pic from standing in the living room near the front of the house. The front foyer is to the right, the dining area is where the garbage can is and the kitchen and family room area is in back where you see the orange. The orange paint really turned out nice. I was getting worried for a second, but once I saw it, it looked great. We have lots of light coming into the house so it does not look cave like one bit. By this weekend all the coats of paint will be up and the floors should be in. We will be going by the house tonight, so hopefully I can see what they got done in the past 2 days.
So when we arrived home late friday night we were announced with a wee bit of news. Apparently when we were away on holidays, my sister and her dh decided to buy and build in the subdivision also. Where you might ask....two doors down from us. Yup...this is a pic of me standing in my driveway and able to see their lot(where the fire hydrant is). This was a total shock to us. This is all conditional at the moment, because first they have to wait till Sept. to put up their house and then sell it...but they have picked out the model and all that they want to do.
So hopefully I will have some more updates by weekend end.





















3 comments:

Kataroo said...

how cool is that about your sis!!!!

Stay Funny said...

Wow Tanya the house looks great! I'm happy you had great vacations!

Rachel said...

OH WOW... does it ever look big and spacious hun! You've come a long way from that hole huh?? LOL

R
XOOX