Thursday, June 5, 2008

Progress....

...that is the word of the day. I am slowly progressing through all the packing. There is a bit of sadness inside me today. I have packed the last box up of my scrap room. I have no supplies to play with...mind you I really would not have the time to play anyways. I cannot believe how much stuff I had in the room....I do think once I am all settled in the new house I will have to go into major scrapping mode and use up some of the supplies I have. Perhaps host a crop weekend with the girls?

So I think I have done a big chunk in packing. All the girls toys are completely packed up(except for the toys they will take with them) and most of the bedrooms are packed up. My biggest battle now will be all the electronic equipment(which I will have John do most of) and then all our pantry stuff from the laundry room. Mom and Dad are coming over on Saturday to help move everything up from the basement so when it comes to moving everything into the PODS we will only have the front steps to deal with and not the basement ones. We could not have picked a more warmer day though. Forecast says it will be 31 on Saturday. Thank god we have air conditioning.

On Sunday I hope to make it out to an auction in Chrysler. It is for overstock from a store...they will have lighting, so I am hoping to finish buying all our lights if I can. There is a ton of other stuff to, but just cannot remember what all was there.

The house is also progressing well. They should be putting on the roof shingles today. We made a few changes in the house exterior this week. We have completely changed the stonework(I do not know what it looks like yet, but know it has tans in it to match the siding) it is a new stone and our builder cannot wait to use it. We are also having brown(well it is called nutmeg) molding around the windows and all the soffits and posts and such will be a creme colour to blend in with the siding. Our builder wants to try and get away from all the white...so we are his guinea pig:) which is okay because we seem to get little perks for it. Such as, I have a third type of tile going in the house now. Our master bath is going to have this brown marble like tile which goes awesome with our cabinet and counters. He is also putting a gas line out on the deck for a bbq...so if we ever convert, it will be there. Apparently we are their dream clients right now, because we are fairly easy going as to what will be done....let's hope we stay that way;) lol.

Well not much else is going on...Ab is doing her gr.3 testing this week, with today being the last day of it. Not too much new with Hadley...she does say "okay..mom" when she is asked to do things and it really sounds cute how she says it...I should really try and get it onto video...

Well off to tackle the pantry....

2 comments:

Mellisa said...

Wow! It's coming up fast. You are working so hard that I am so glad you are TAKING A BREAK on the 17th!!!

What time is the auction on Saturday? Must be Benoits, no? LMK if you want company. I have never been to one and would LOVE to go ... especially if I can get some bedroom furnture CHEAP!

HUGS my friend. I am dreading the day but cant WAIT to have a YaYa scrap day in your new house.

Kataroo said...

i remember being very sad when i packed up my scrap stuff LOL

Make sure you call on us to play when you are at your parents, I can even watch Hadley for you :)