Friday, January 25, 2008

...how time flies

I have been so meaning to update once again, but time just finds to slip on by....and the fact that I am still on dial up does not help. The simplest tasks seem to take forever even. Anyways, lots has been going on.

Last friday night the girls and I celebrated Mell's birthday by going out to dinner in the Market and then heading over to the Sexapalooza show. That night was a blast. The show was really fun with lots of laughs to be had. We all got are eyes done in a multitude of shimmering glitters(which btw I need to get) and I even got the chance to do a little dance(okay more like a twirl..lol) on a stripper pole. I was having fun until I noticed the crowd growing larger in front of my eyes, with me being the entertainment;) so I quickly finished that. It was lots of fun to do though and I would love to do one of those parties...apparently it can be a great work out. I will hopefully have some pics to load up of the night shortly.
I have finally stripped all the wallpaper off of Ab's walls and got her room painted yesterday. Now I just have to finish up her trim work and get her room decluttered so it is good to show. I will hopefully be working on the stairs to the basement(painting them) today also. There are so many things on my list that needs to get done within the next month. We got an estimate on putting on a new roof. It was a bit over 7600$...can you say YIKES... I cannot believe how expensive this will be. John went and asked for a few more quotes, but is getting nowhere fast. Roofers in the city that he has contacted said they would not come out here, and the ones in town here he can not even get ahold of. One guy was suppose to come and well it has been 2 weeks with a no show. So we may not have a choice but to go with the only guy who would even give us a quote. I am a wee bit stressed over this.
So it looks like we just may build a house..unless the market gets any better and more suitable homes list, it looks like this is our best option. Only thing is depending on how we sell our house and what type of closing date we get we may have to find a temporary place to live for a few weeks. To build it takes 4 months, and we really cannot give them the go ahead without us first selling our house first. Ahh the joys of moving.
well not much more to say for now...Barb..go ahead and link me to your blog:)

2 comments:

Kataroo said...

Man I so wish I could have seen you on the pole man!!!!

Rachel said...

OK... so I am reading your blog and all the crap about your house to come and post about how much I think it sucks... and the first thing I see is a post from Katie about you on the pole... BAHAHAHAH Truth be told girlfriend... I would of like to have been there too...LMAO

What a fun night!

R XOOX