Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Hold onto your BRITCHES!!!

I am here to put up a quick post, and hopefully try to update a little more often than as of late. When I first started my blog my main purpose was to write down all those memories of the little ones growing up. I figured I was always on the computer, so my chances of preserving anything was better here than in the baby books I have for the girls( I just found Hadleys and I quit after writing her birthdate..lol). Well now it appears I am lacking on the blog part along with the books. After awhile I also started posting my creative stuff alongside the memories. Well my creative stuff went to a screaching halt in the spring, and I kind of just swayed away from it all. So my resolution for 2010(might I add I never do resolutions..lol)is to try and post more stuff. SOme may not find it too interesting, but one day I would like to print it all up, so it can be cherished by all in the years to come.

Many things have happened throughout the year 2009. Since my last post, Abigail has entered into grade 5 and Hadley into Junior Kindergarten. Abigail is now getting into that age where boys are becoming prevelant. She has been getting plenty of calls from one over the holidays and he even came over to go sliding and such. I am ok so far but this is just the beginning...lol. Hadley absolutely loves school and cannot wait to go. Let's hope that stays with her:) Work has kept me busy all Fall, and now I am having a wee bit of time off. Though I went and did some work today and have a meeting on Thursday, so hopefully by next thing it will be a bit slower for me. Christmas started off well. John's family came down to spend it with us. We had a nice christmas eve spent with friends and family and a little visit from Santa on the fire truck. Christmas morning I was up early with my father in law and we actually had to wake up the girls at 8am. They were spoiled as usual. The best present getting the most use so far is the nintendo ds and dsi...well worth the money! After breakfast and getting the dinner all prepared, we went off and had a nic visit with my grandfather at the nursing home. Came home and had a nice dinner with all the family. Then about 8pm the nursing home called me to say they were calling the ambulance to send my grandfather to the hospital(huge shock to me, apparently his breathing became laboured throughout the day). My parents went and took my grandmother into the hospital. Mom called about 9 pm saying it was not good. John and I quickly drove into Ottawa to be there. When I got into the ER around 10 pm, they found out that his bowels were obstructed with 1/2 of it dead already, along with a hole in it and severe infection. Not too sure how the nsg. home could not have seen the distended belly, but in reality, even if it was caught sooner, not much could have been done. Surgery was not an option, he would not make it through due to age and medical condition. At 12:30 am on December 26th papa died in the hospital with myself, my grandmother and mom at his side. I am so thankful that we got to see him in the home and give him his gift. The entire time we were there he kept his eyes on the girls. I am also thankful to have been at the hospital to be there for my mom and grandma. Needless to say my holidays became quite busy with having the wake on Tuesday and the Funeral on Thursday. We will be burying him on Thursday (they were going to wait for spring, but things changed..only thing is it will be my grandmothers birthday). Hopefully this will be the last family death for a wee while. We had 4 this year alone.

So with this new year and new "blog" resolution, I have decided to change it up a bit. Slowly I will get it all done and everything just so. I will try to also do a photo post of the past few months. As we wnter this new decade I will embrace all that is good...Happy New Year everyone!

1 comments:

Stay Funny said...

Welcome back!
Sorry about your Granpa Tanya....
Happy to see that you were able to spend some time with him prior that day.

Wishing you a happy 2010 and hope to see you again soon
Hugs
xx