Tuesday, December 2, 2008

...just another day:)

yet another year older...blah..I hate knowing I am now getting older. I remember as a kid always wanting to get older..now I wish time would stand still..just for a little while. I am hating all the grey hair..especially since I must dye it like every 5 weeks(what a pain in the you know what..lol) and these little fine lines are creeping onto my face:) At least I still feel like I am young..and one good thing that comes with age is you become wiser(at least that is what I tell myself..lol) SO today I am going to try and cook a prime rib roast for the first time..little peeved that I am the one who must cook my birthday dinner..but hey what is one to do when dh is out of town for work..he will just have to make it up to me;) I ordered some scrap supplies and said I would have that as a bday gift but it has yet to come. It siad that it was shipped out a week ago yesterday..which worries me some because it was only coming from Montreal..it truly should not take that long. If it is not here today I will be contacting the store and have them fix it(I kind of doubt they got a tracking no. otherwise they would have gave it out once order was processed.)

On a real downer note, I noticed yesterday that one of Hadley`s front tooth is discolouring. She fell about 2 weeks ago and split her lip..well in that she also injured her tooth(broke the root) so now the tooth is dying. Makes me want to cry. So when I called the dentist I was told it will get darker and stay that way. We have to go in for an appointment on Fri to make sure there is no infection. I will not let them keep it that way though. Apparently if the do a root canal and such they can restore the white..so it appears she wil have to go through that. I would not be too worried to do this if she was older, but because of her age she will have that tooth at least another 3 or 4 years. I think we will have an expensive year at the dentist, having to deal with this and then with Abigail possibly getting braces(she only has a few baby teeth left to loose..and most are all loose).

Anyone paying attention to the news and what is going on with our government? I cannot believe it. If the gg goes for this coalition government..I swear she has a few loose screws. I mean what was the point of an election? How much money was just wasted in holding this eletion. And if this happens and it will be a liberal ran colalition..in just a few months the pm position will change hands and no one will have a choice in the new one, because it will be the liberal party that votes in the new one. And one thing I am wondering is what type of deal did they strike up with the Bloc party to have them sign on yet they will hold no seats within the coalition...I think this can be very scary for Canada and our economy. Just look at how our market fell yesterday. It was the biggest fall since 1987..they try to say it was not because of this announcement but I think otherwise..the banks are just a wee bit scared. I see the whole situation as a bunch of kids not getting their way and teaming together just to get it. I mean really..these parties could not agree on anything ever..and now they are saying well we agree to disagree and we will get things done.....REALLY... I really hope things do not come down to this. I will definitley be watching the outcome of this intensely.

3 comments:

Stay Funny said...

HAPPY B-DAY!!!!!!!!
I am thinking of you since this am wanting to send you an email.... and I just saw your post.... and decided to us it to wish you all my best wishes!!!! Enjoy your day, hope it will a great one!
Hugs
Sxx

Anonymous said...

Hey there, tried to call you to wish you a Happy Birthday but no answer, so you missed out on my singing to you, (probably a good thing, can't sing worth a crap) anyway hope the roast was good and that you had a good birthday. TTYL

Deb

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! (belated... oops!) Didja get yourself a Slice? lol